We're all guilty of getting a little “tunnel vision” from time to time. Especially if you're a go-getter, sometimes we can get so stuck or so focused on one challenge, that it becomes impossible to see all the solutions around us. I know for many people, including myself, this particular problem pops up a lot when it comes to brainstorming new ways to save. Besides cutting back on fun things like shopping and going out, what are the other ways to save more money in the next one, six, or twelve months?
It's possible to find ways to save more money this year. Some aren't even that lame!
Compiled from our extensive archives here are 83 (still relevant and useful) ways to find a little extra cash.
- Two Ways to Find Money in Your Budget.
- Actually open a separate savings account. We like to recommend CIT Bank thanks to it's higher-than-average interest rate (25x the national average) and no-fee structure.
- Reboot your finances with our FREE course, the “7 Day Money Sprint.”
- 8 Ways to Quickly Build Up Savings
- 5 More (New) Ways to Save Money
- 2 Savings Rules to Add to Your Life Right Now
- Try the envelope budgeting method.
- Automate your savings with this simple tweak (duh.)
- Join the no spend challenge, or do a “spending freeze” on your own time.
- Try a no-spend first date.
- The first 5 things to go when trimming your budget.
- Want to save up quickly? Here are five survey sites where you can start stashing cash away ASAP.
- 4 ways to save money on student loans.
- 11 money-saving apps you need to have on your phone.
- Save more by earning more. Here are the 10 best side hustles for busy people (so, pretty much everyone.)
- If you have debt, save money on interest by transferring credit card balances to a 0% APR card.
- Want to save? Stop spending. Here are 25 ways to stop overspending if you like to indulge.