I'm probably one of the few personal finance bloggers who loves spending money as much as she loves making it. But rather than mindlessly consumer I'm always in search of high quality items that will not only last, but make my life easier. This is why buying/shopping for travel pieces is so fun, I like the challenge of finding something stylish-yet-functional.
Below are a handful of items, many of which I already own, which have made traveling – whether for business or pleasure – so much easier on my system.
1. Calpak Packing Cubes ($48)
– Organize your suitcase, keep your sanity. These are something I'd normally never buy for myself. Items like that always make the best gifts!
2. Calpak Kaya Round Faux Leather Backpack ($75) –
I have a backpack that I use every day (thanks Barclay Uber
Visa trip! lol) but I'm craving a more stylish, streamlined version for travel. My day-to-day backpack has a million pockets that I keep my MARTA pass, keys, hand sanitizer, makeup in etc. When I'm out in about, I don't need nearly as many bells and whistles, but I've become addicted to hands-free backpack livin'.
3. Armitron Solar Powered Travel Watch ($95) – For outdoor enthusiasts, this watch is solar powered and once fully charged stays powered for four months. They've got great options for the guys too. (P.S. FBL Readers get 30% off + FREE 2-day shipping with code HOLIDAY)
4. (For her) Margaux – The Classic – in Midnight ($195)-
You may have seen me in these on my instagram stories I have NEVER worn a shoe so comfortable, especially a flat. It provides great support if you're flat-footed like me, plus these are of such better quality than you'll find in other leather flats. (Lookin' at you, J.Crew.)They also make different kinds like boots and heels, which I'm sure are just as comfortable and well made. They also make gift cards!
5. Away Suitcase
– I ordered a suitcase from Nordstrom (and paid a pretty penny for it…)right before the Away suitcase became popular. Man! Am I jealous. I'd love to upgrade, but can't justify the expense when my current suitcase is still like-new. I've heard rave reviews about this suitcase, so it's at the top of my wishlist.
7. Cabela's Gift Card – ($25)
– I'm still living that gift card life pretty hard but for travelers who like hiking/camping and gear that's on the “rugged” side, Cabela's is a nice option.
8. Swell Water Bottle ($35) –
I am never without a water bottle. I keep it in my backpack at all times so I can have quick, easy access to water.