Very few people outside the financial industry know how to invest. And while you may not have aspirations to be the next “Wolf of Wall Street,” everyone should be saving for retirement, and many employers will offer a 401k or other type of investment vehicle to staff. For these reasons, it's important we all have a basic, basic, basic understanding of the markets and how to manage our investments.
But where can we go to learn the basics? Most importantly, where can we go to learn the basics in a way that's simple and easy to understand?
I know the answer….. And now I'm going to tell you.
Ready to get started investing? You'll need a brokerage account first. Click here to open a TradeKing account. It's just $1 to get started!
How to Get Better at Investing : Educate Yourself
I am pee-in-my-pants excited to spread the good word about The MS Cheat Sheet. The brain child of fellow personal finance nerd, video blogger, and all around girl crush, Kathryn Cicoletti, the course delivers the best of both worlds: comprehensive guides, videos, and cheat sheets to get started investing.
Here's what you'll learn:
- The difference between stocks and bond funds so you can maximize what you earn and minimize what you lose.
- How to split money between stock and bond funds so you minimize your risk of losing money long term.
- Tips to create a portfolio of low cost funds in minutes.
- How to pick funds and what not to do when picking funds.
- Getting your investment strategy in place to grow your money for the long-term.
- How to make sure your existing portfolio is not killing you on fees and wasting your money.
In the course you'll also receive several bonuses including:
- Step by step risk management checklist you can use to manage your investment “portfolio” in minutes just once every quarter.
- An easy and simple checklist for picking investment funds.
- A lesson on how to spot investment fees you should *never* pay.
- Unlimited access to sample investment funds and portfolios for you to play around in.
Click here to learn more and get a special 50% off the Ms. Cheat Sheet Investing Course.
These bonuses are worth the price of admission because they are just so.dang.easy to understand.
As someone who digests a lot of personal finance matter through my blog, my eyes glaze over pretty quickly when I read an investing blog or article.
Kathryn does it in such a way that is both entertaining and easy-to-understand; a comprehensive investing course that not only teaches you to invest, but how to keep up with it in a way that isn't overwhelming. My favorite part is the quarterly checklist to make sure you're always on top of your investments and balancing them appropriately.
Here's the step-by-step lesson plan for the course.
I actually understood that. And the rest of the course is exactly the same way.
Her product has been likened to the Skimm (a daily newsletter that breaks down all the biggest news of the day for you in a quick, easily digestible format). It is very similar, except it is for investing. I'm a big fan of the Skimm, but I'm an even bigger fan of The MS Cheat Sheet because investing is such a confusing area of finance for most individuals. Not anymore.
If you're going to get serious about your finances, get serious about learning all you can about investing. I for one, am ready to start applying this knowledge to help further my financial goals for 2015.
Click here to get access to the MS Cheat Sheet with a special discount EXCLUSIVE to LBMT readers!
Not ready to buy? You can still sign up for the FREE MS Cheat Sheet newsletter which is packed with good advice and how-tos.
Want our free collection of financial resources?
Subscribe for access to the “Best Life Vault!”