I am a firm believer that everyone should blog.
…Not only is writing therapeutic and good for the soul, but I believe blogs have the power to transform businesses and change lives. The economy of blogging has singlehandedly change the way people make purchasing decisions, and the way we seek and share information on the internet. It’s a beautiful thing, and perhaps what I love most about blogging is that anyone can do it, from the comfort of their own home, and really change the way they live their lives.
My Own Blogging Journey
I’ve been blogging since 2012. Back then, I was unemployed and had just moved back to my parent’s house after two years in NYC where I failed as an actor. I’d been working as an administrative assistant to pay the bills and wasn’t really sure what I wanted from life. All I knew, was that I really didn’t want to spend my life being someone else’s assistant.
While I contemplated my next move, I moved back in with Mom and Dad. Noticing my lack of purpose, my Mom handed me an article from USA Today that gave millennials “tips” for ways to keep their skills sharp while on the job hunt. One of those ways to stay sharp? Starting a blog… which back then was still a new-ish concept.
I’d spent my childhood filling journals and writing short stories. I’d even dabbled in creative writing in high school and had a very small and salacious personal blog back in 2009. Now seemed as good of a time as any to try my hand at blogging again. Except this time I didn’t want it to be just about my personal life, I wanted my writing to stand for something bigger and change the way people thought about things, specifically, the way women thought about their finances.
Having spent the last two years working with big finance types at a hedge fund while using that desk job cash to pay off over $10,000 in credit card debt from college, I had a very keen interest in personal finance. So, I had the idea to start my first website, L Bee and the Money Tree, and it turned out to be the best decision I’ve ever made.
I really took to blogging….
It could’ve been the unemployment boredom, but I soon became obsessed with mastering the art of blogging. I’d spend 12 hours a day on the internet researching how WordPress worked, how to leverage social media into readers, and of course, how to use it to make some sweet cash on the side.
I was still job hunting and a CEO of a tech company took notice of how much I talked about my blog in my interview. Eventually he offered me a job running the blog and social media of his company.
….And just like that I went from ex-actor and unemployed secretary to a digital marketing professional, which is why I’m so passionate about a blog’s ability to transform people’s lives. Blogging has allowed me to change careers (from acting to marketing) without going back to school, and over the years has led to so many amazing opportunities: hundreds of thousands of readers, features in big name publications, getting paid to work with well-known brands, and a sense of creative and personal fulfillment I never dreamed possible when I was sitting at my lonely hedge-fund desk job in New York City.
Eventually, L Bee and the Money Tree became so successful and profitable I was able to leave my full-time job in marketing to work for myself. In the blink of an eye, I went from blogging-on-the-side to self-employed entrepreneur and I haven’t looked back. In my first year of self-employment, I earned my living primarily through freelance writing (and a little bit of blog income) but as my blog continued to grow, I eventually became able to support myself completely from blogging itself, which is no small feat. In 2015, I started coaching other bloggers on how to get started and grow their online blogs and brands.
Why You Need Blog Coaching Services
If you want to build a personal brand or “brand of you,” blogging is the way to get it done. Even for those who don’t want to be “bloggers”, having a blog is a great complement to any business or solopreneur endeavor. With all that said, blogging is now fairly commonplace, which means getting started can be daunting with the learning curve with what it takes to be successful only getting steeper each year.
I had a fantastic blog coach when I first started out and it truly helped me learn the “ins and outs” of running a blog faster than if I was going it alone. It also helped me stay accountable. Without that accountability, I doubt I would’ve moved past the first month, and would have missed all the wonderful experiences blogging as a business has brought me.
Think of hiring a blog coach as way to get years worth of blogging and tech know-how in just 60-90 days.
The Types of People I Help
Beginner Bloggers Who Need Help Mastering Blogging Technology
Beginner Bloggers Who Need Help Focusing Their Brand and Growing Their Following
Business Owners who Want to Add a Blog to their Website (Coaches, Consultants, Designers, and anyone who doesn’t want to run a “personal blog”!)
Mid-Level Bloggers Wanting to Learn How to Monetize Their Sites
- $99 for a 45 minute “Pick My Brain” Session – for those who want one-time money help with debt or budgeting. (Also check out my awesome FREE resources)
- $115 – for the Super Book Bundle purchase (the workbook + one 45 minute session + site audit)
- $550 – for 4-45 minute session coaching package when you pay in full.
- $197/3 months. 4-session coaching package available as a 3-month payment plan (3 payments of $197 each.)
All coaching package purchases include a free copy of the best-selling Blog Yourself Rich workbook.
Here’s We’ll Work
- First, I get to know more about you, your blog and/or business, and your goals in a discovery call. We’ll talk about your fears, frustrations, and pain points when it comes to incorporating your blog into your business and/or everyday life. Click here to book your FREE discovery call to learn more before you hit “purchase.”
- You’ll Fill Out the “Getting Started” and “Define Your Brand” Worksheets in advance of our first session. This allows me to learn a little bit more about your existing blog and content and where you’d like to go.
- Then we’ll get to work! Each session will have a theme with corresponding homework assignments. Clients use me to hold them accountable to their goals and objectives, to teach them how to best carve out time for blogging, and they pick my brain on the tips and tricks that have made me successful.
So whether you’re struggling with getting started, or are ready to take your blog or business to the next level, I can help get you there. Here are a few case studies based on work I’ve done with happy, successful clients.
- The Creative Novice – Kat from Katscript.com
- The Food Blogger – Brian from The Sophisticated Caveman
- The Solopreneur – Christina from Carte Blanche Wellness